The Fountain Hills Art League and FHCCA are sponsoring the 2021 Fountain Hills Juried Art Show, a virtual event.
We invite artists who are residents of the greater Fountain Hills, Verdes, Goldfield Ranch, and Fort McDowell areas, or members of the Fountain Hills Art League to apply.
- Photography and digital imaging
- Paintings, including oil, acrylics, watercolor, and mixed (more than one medium)
- Drawings, including charcoal, pencil, ink, and pastel
- Other, including sculpture, ceramics, fiber art, beaded art, jewelry, wood, and more
CRITERIA FOR JUDGING
- Design/composition based on Principles and Elements of Design
- Demonstrated skill
- Visual impact
- Emotional impact
- Photos will be judged using the same criteria as paintings rather than technical aspects
Art must be original, no reproductions, created within the last three years, and appropriate for this public venue (i.e. non-political, no nudity). Photos used in the creation of your art must be your own or used with permission from the photographer.
First, Second, and Honorable Mention ribbons will be awarded for each category, plus additional monetary awards depending on the number of entries. Best of Show will win a $100 prize.
Winners will be announced on January 7, 2021.
Judging will be done online for this virtual event by Julie Gilbert Pollard. Learn more about Pollard and her work at JulieGilbertPollard.com.
SUBMITTING AN ENTRY
Submit registration form and photos via the Fountain Hills Art League at fountainhillsartleague.com/2021juriedshow. There are two tabs on the website: Online Registration to submit your information and photo, and Photo Preparation with additional information.
- To photographing your art, set up your camera parallel to your art and shoot it straight on with no border around the image.
- Images should be in JPEG format in medium or high resolution.
- Images should have the longest edge no less than 1200 pixels for best viewing by the judge. The maximum photo file size is 10MG. Our judge has requested a uniform size.
- Name your image files with the format: “01_lastname_title_”‘
- Send all photos to the Juried Show application. If you cannot attach it this way, send it in an email to Lloyd Tarr at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference your image file name, phone number, and note “Juried Show Entry” in the subject of your email.
Entry and Application Fee is $30 (non-refundable) for two submissions. Entries and fees must be received by December 11, 2020.
Send payment to: Bonnie Schweihs, 15615 E Thistle Drive, Fountain Hills, AZ, 85268
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR QUESTIONS
Email Lloyd@tarrs.com with photo submission questions
Email email@example.com with general questions or call 480-467-9333.